Holland 1916's primary manufacturing facilities are located in the United States, but all of our touchscreen products are made in southern China. We specialize in building custom touchscreens for harsh environments, utilizing both resistive and capacitive technologies.
Resistive touchscreens are a great option for environments with high moisture or humidity, when users wear gloves or use a stylus, as well as when cost is a factor. Holland 1916's resistive touchscreen designs include 4, 5, & 8 wire as well as multi-touch.
- 4 wire designs are perfect for smaller designs such as PDAs, phones, and handheld applications
- 5 wire designs are designed for high-use environments, and feature superior durability and increased actuation life
- 8 wire designs are an alternative to 4 wire designs for larger design requiring greater linearity
- Multi touch resistive designs are perfect for applications requiring a multi-touch user interface
Typical touchscreen construction includes an ITO film bonded with a spacer onto an ITO soda lime glass. When a customer’s environment requires a more durable product, Holland can increase the thickness of the backing ITO glass (up to 3mm ITO glass or 10mm as a separate backing for vandal resistance) or substitute with a chemically strengthened or tempered glass, as well as polycarbonates and acrylics. In addition, standard polyester top ITO films can be replaced with hardcoated, anti-glare, anti-reflective, polarized (linear or circular), or UV resistant layers. These can also be optically bonded to the front or back of the design as well, to give impact resistant and sunlight readable/durable designs.
Our ability to understand our customer requirements enables us to offer our customers great quality along with the cost competitiveness of an offshore manufacturer.
- 4 Wire 2.2" up to 22"
- 5 Wire 6.5" up to 22"
- 8 Wire 2.2" up to 22"
Holland is primarily a custom manufacturer but we also have hundreds of existing designs to choose from. If you would like to avoid some of the tooling, please let us know so we can try to find a compatible existing design.p>
Capacitive touchscreens are perfect when trying to give a product a clean, solid glass fascia, when moisture or users wearing gloves is not a factor. Holland 1916's capacitive touchscreen designs include both projected capacitive and surface capacitive.
- Projected capacitive designs offer a solid glass top layer providing an almost scratch proof design
- Surface capacitive designs are a less expensive alternative to the projected capacitive option but are not as durable
Typical capacitive touchscreen construction consists of an ITO film on ITO film circuit that has been optically bonded to the front cover glass layer. Holland 1916 offers a myriad of front cover options to meet the requirements of a customer’s environment. In addition all capacitive touchscreens are multi-touch compatible, accepting up to ten separate finger inputs to countless capabilities.